KNOWING ALL ABOUT IMMIGRATING TO HONG KONG
Hong Kong bears the title of the special administrative region of China. It also tops as the financial center and has the highest per capita income in the whole world. Therefore, thinking of immigrating to Hong Kong makes wide sense and yearly it witnesses more than hundreds of immigration applications. But as you understand that dreaming of immigrating and fulfilling that dream are two different shores of a river. To connect both or make your dream come true, you need to have the assistance of a good immigration consultant.
Apart from that, you are required to be well versed with the information that plays a vital role in Hong Kong Immigration.
WHY SHOULD YOU CHOOSE HONG KONG AS AN IMMIGRATION DESTINATION?
China has no doubt emerged as a superpower that no one can deny. The leap it has taken has made it an unrivaled destination for better employment and living. People find better employment opportunities and live a highly standardized life. Therefore, whether if you are planning to set up your business there or have an opportunity waiting for you to join their then immigration should be your first choice. But before visiting a new place, you must have information about all dos and donts.
WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENT VISA TYPES?
There are different types of visas available for the Hong Kong Immigration. These are explained here below.
- Visit Visa: This visa governs your stay for holidays and family visits.
- Student Visa: Student Visa as the name suggests implies to those students who have already got admission in Hong Kong.
- Work Visa: For the working ex-pats who have been hired by a company in Hong Kong, this visa type is most suitable.
- Investment Visa: For self-employed people looking to settle in Hong Kong with their business, this visa will play a pivotal role.
- Dependent Visa: If you are a family member of a working professional or you are married to someone living in Hong Kong, then a dependent visa will certainly be your choice.
- Training Visa: For those applying for certain training in Hong Kong, a training visa is a prudent selection.
- Domestic Help Visa: This visa governs the stay of people immigrating as domestic help; such people have to stay at an employer’s place.
- Permanent Residency: Those who have lived in Hong Kong at least for seven years, can apply for permanent residency there.
Let talk about Hong Kong Quality Migrant Admission Scheme (QMAS) visa in details:
The main motive of this visa is to seek out highly skilled professionals to immigrate to Hong Kong for the purpose of enhancing the country’s economy. Hong Kong Government tends to invite those immigrants who want to reside in their country seeking employment or for a startup business. The applicant under this visa has the freedom of bringing their spouse and dependent children provided that the applicant them financially on their own resources.
Eligibility Criteria for QMAS Visa:
The Hong Kong government in the year 2006 implements a quota-based entrant scheme for this visa . This is one of the best ways for skilled professionals and entrepreneurs to pursue their careers in Hong Kong. To be eligible for a QMAS visa, the applicant must complete a prerequisite requirement for clearing the point-based system and getting the quota allocation.
The criteria for which the applicants are given points under this QMAS visa are listed below:
- Age: The minimum age requirement is 18 years at the time of filing the application.
- Proof of Funds: Applicants must have sufficient proof of funds that can suffice them financially in terms of accommodation and for supporting the dependents of the applicant as well.
- Character Certificate: Applicant must have a clear record in terms of character. They should not have a criminal record or any other negative record with the Hong Kong Immigration Department. The applicant should be able to produce a police clearance certificate from a place where they have stayed for more than 12 months in the last 10 years.
- Language Proficiency: Applicants must have a score of 6 bands each in IELTS in order to apply under QMAS Visa. They should be proficient in writing as well as speaking in Chinese or English.
- Educational Qualifications: Applicant must have a first-class undergraduate degree from a recognized university. If the applicant does not have a degree then their technical qualification, working experience, and achievements are also taken into consideration. Higher Post Graduate degree holder applicants have a higher priority than other applicants.
Point-Based Selection Scheme:
In order to score the minimum points in the points-based selection scheme, the applicant should complete all the eligibility criteria of this scheme. These minimum requirements are subject to change without any prior notice.
General Point System:
In this point system, the scores are given based on the following factors:
- Age: Different age groups are awarded different points. The younger the generation the better are their chances of getting a good score. Applicants in their 30s are given preference because this age is the most crucial time in one’s career. So this age group applicants have always the highest points and more priority.
- Educational Qualifications: The same applies here as in the age section. The higher the education the higher are there chances of getting a good score. First-class degree and Honour holders are particularly in a favorable situation. A person having a master’s degree or a Ph.D. will definitely be having an edge over others.
- Working Experience: The more the working experience more is the applicant’s chance to make a better decision. Hence a greater number of working years means greater is your chances of getting a good score
- Language Proficiency: The minimum score required for this visa is 6 band in each in an IELTS exam. The primary applicant should at least sore this minimum cutoff score.
- Family and children factor also matter in this point-based system.
The minimum cutoff score for this visa is 80 out of 225 points. Once you get this score, you will be eligible to apply for QMAS visa.
Achievement based point scheme:
The Hong Kong Government implements this system to attract immigrants with distinctive skills. This points-based system stands on the basis of the following factors:
A high honour or a distinctive achievement award like Nobel Prize or an Olympic Medal.
Getting an acknowledgment for contributing to a particular field. For example: Getting a lifetime achievement award in a particular field will get you the required score.
Steps involved in QMAS Visa:
The further procedure goes as follows:
Applicant Selection: A particular quota is allotted to the applicants. At the time of processing, the applicant must score the minimum cutoff marks as well as satisfy all the prerequisite requirement of visa filing. This scheme applies to both the General point system and the Achievement Based point system.
After you have complied with all necessary requirements, you will be ranked among other applicants based on your score. The concerned department selects your profile for further evaluation if you are among the higher-ranking candidates.
After that the decision will be made jointly by two parties. One of them is the Director of Immigration and the other one is the Advisory Committee (it consists of official and non-official members elected by the Chief Executive of the HKSAR). The socio-economic needs of Hong Kong and some other factors play a vital role in decision making. The Director would then receive a recommendation from the Advisory Committee for the allocation of quota for the different selection processes.
A high scoring applicant does not necessarily have to be a part of the quota allotment. After the whole evaluation procedure, the results will be published on the official Hong Kong immigration website.
Approval-in-Principle: Once a quota has been allocated to you in the above procedure, you will be receiving an approval letter. This letter is known as the Approval-in-Principle letter. This letter states that you have to come to Hong Kong for interview purposes. Before appearing for the interview, the applicant must have all their original documents readily available in front of the Immigration Department.
Note: Approval-in-Principle letter does not mean that your visa is guaranteed and you can live there permanently. Everything depends on your interview and the decision of the authorities.
Entry Visa or Entry Permit: After the whole tedious process of document verification, the Hong Kong Immigration Department gives you an entry visa or entry permit that will allow you to reside in Hong Kong.
REQUIREMENT FOR VISA APPLICATION:
- Should be a skilled worker.
- Do not have any criminal record.
- Graduate from a college in Hong Kong.
- You are a family member of a person staying in Hong Kong.
- Should have an employment letter from a company in Hong Kong.
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS FOR IMMIGRATION:
- Complete application with valid details
- Registration certificate copy
- Invitation letter from the appointing company
- Financial statements copy
- Copies of passport’s first and last pages
Getting an immigration visa to Hong Kong is a tedious process. It becomes easy with the assistance of an expert consultancy like us.
If you are willing to know more about the Hong Kong Immigration process, you can certainly contact us by writing us an email on firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our experts will help you out in every possible way. You may also call us on +91-9999-00-4310 or you can also receive a call back from our expert once you fill out the inquiry form. You can also talk to our experts directly through our live chat feature and clear your doubts instantaneously.
We at Pi Overseas have a team of dedicated experts that cater to every need of the clients. We have a proven track record in the immigration industry which was achieved in a very short span of time. Our experts will help and guide you every step of the filing process and keep you posted throughout the whole cumbersome process of visa filing.