SOUTH AFRICA CRITICAL SKILLS VISA: – SOUTH AFRICA IMMIGRATION
South Africa is a country on the southernmost tip of the Africa Continent. It is also known to be the Republic of South Africa that has been the newly developing country in the world. South Africa is one of the fastest-growing countries. With more progressive laws, more and more qualified immigrates are also paving their way to establishing themselves in the newfound improved land. The South African Government has recognized areas where skilled and qualified workers are at high demand. The government realizes that skills are mandatory to enhance the growth of the country as well as are beneficial for the economic growth of the country. So the government of South Africa has introduced many schemes such as South Africa Critical Skills Visa (also known as South Africa Work Visa) to invite eligible workers around the globe to work for their nation.
Critical visa permit falls under that visa scheme that allows individuals to live and work in South Africa on a temporary basis for a period of up to 5 years. This visa is basically granted to the experienced and qualified applicants that are recognized on the basis of the skilled occupation list of the South Africa government. The applicant does not need any job offer to apply for the visa. This visa is fora duration of 1 year initially wherein the applicant can search for the job in that time span. On request and proper documents, the applicant can also extend the validity period of the visa. This visa is also a way to apply for permanent residency subjected to certain conditions.
Details of South Africa Critical Skills Work Visa:
This visa is primarily to target those professionals whose occupations are on the Critical Shortage Occupation List. This is a kind of job seeker visa which allows the applicant to stay in South Africa and search for jobs. The visa converts to a work permit once the applicant has secured a job offer letter from an employer of South Africa.
Some key factors of South Africa Critical Skills Visa:
- There is no need for a job offer letter to enter South Africa.
- The Department of Home Affairs issues a Critical Skills List. This visa is primarily based on the qualifications and skills as per that list.
- The duration of this visa is usually 12 months but it is extendable as per the concerned Authority.
- A job offer letter must be secured within the designated period of this visa.
- The duration of this visa is extended up to 5 years into a Critical Skills Work Permit.
- There is no requirement to go through the cumbersome labour certification process as required in the General Work Visa.
- This visa is a temporary residency visa allowing applicants to work and settle in South Africa for 5 years.
- There is no need to secure a LOR (Letter of Recommendation) from the Department of Labour.
- There is an option of Permanent Residency (PR) for which an applicant can apply. The only condition s that he has to show 5 years of experience.
TO QUALIFY FOR THE VISA, ONE SHOULD UNDERTAKE THE FOLLOWING POINTS:
The applicant should have sufficient knowledge and qualification to justify the position mentioned in the critical skill select visa occupational list.
The aspirant’s occupation must be registered by the professional body of South Africa.
Foreign Qualification has to be recognized and to be assessed by the government authority named SAQA.
BENEFITS OF SOUTH AFRICA CRITICAL SKILLED VISA:
- Usually granted multiple entries.
- Dependents can apply for visit visas along with the main applicant.
- Processing time for the VISA is generally for 2 weeks.
- You can find the right job for you and you can move between employers.
- You can change employers
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED TO APPLY FOR SOUTH AFRICA CRITICAL SKILLED VISA:
- A valid passport.
- Passport size photographs.
- Original cover letter signed by the applicant
- Proof of funds has to be shown to prove financial stability of an individual applying for the visa (3 months statement has to be shown amounting to be 13650 INR/ month)
- Medical reports proving the medical status of an individual applying for the visa
- A police clearance certificate.
- An attested foreign qualification certificate.
- The foreign qualification should comply with the SAQA authority of South Africa.
- Update resume.
- A job experience letter and a relieving letter would be required with proper attestation.
- Completed permanent residency application form.
- Copy of birth certificate.
- Complete biometrics.
- Yellow fever vaccination certificate where applicable.
- Submit a marriage certificate.
- Proof of skills claiming to the critical skills category
- Certificate of registration with the professional body.
- Post-qualification experience for at least five years.
Some Occupations included in the Critical Skills List:
- Agriculture and related sciences
- Business and Management Studies
- Information Communication & Information Technology
- Health and Related Clinical Services.
- Life and Earth Sciences
- Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) personnel.
- Academics and Researchers
If you are willing to know more about the South Africa Immigration process, you can certainly contact us by writing us an email on email@example.com and one of our experts will help you out in every possible way. You may also call us on +91-9999-00-4310 or you can also receive a call back from our expert once you fill out the inquiry form. You can also talk to our experts directly through our live chat feature and clear your doubts instantaneously.
We at Pi Overseas have a team of dedicated experts that cater to every need of the clients. We have a proven track record in the immigration industry which was achieved in a very short span of time. Our experts will help and guide you every step of the filing process and keep you posted throughout the whole cumbersome process of visa filing.